Thanks to Danielle Connell at Mitacs for the great information session at the Moncton Public Library on Aug 29th 2019.
Mitacs is a nonprofit national research organization that, in partnerships with Canadian academia, private industry and government, operates research and training programs in fields related to industrial and social innovation.
Thank to the Moncton Public Library for the great hospitality.
Debbie Collins in Ottawa this week for Startup Canada’s annual Day on the Hill, representing Startup Moncton.
We’re here meeting with federal government ministers and our MPs, lobbying for the 2.3 million entrepreneurs across Canada. We work with our regional MPs to continue to build support for the growing and thriving entrepreneurial eco-system. It’s a packed 3 days here on the Hill.
Last Thursday (June 7), the Atlantic Region Startup Canada Awards were held in Miramichi. Over 200 entrepreneurs, innovators, community builders, and family members gathered in Miramichi to celebrate the deserving Canadian entrepreneurs. As usual with these events, it was a full house with lots of energy, great people, and very good startup initiatives.
A total of ten awards were awarded:
- Startup Canada Entrepreneur’s Choice Award went to Hannah Bell, MLA, Charlottetown/Parkdale.
- Startup Canada Entrepreneur Promotion Award went to Cynthia Dorrington, Owner, Vale & Associates.
- Startup Canada Entrepreneur Support Award went to The Ville Cooperative,Jeff MacFarlane, Executive Director.
- Startup Canada Global Entrepreneurship Award went to Boss Gibson Oyster Company, Kevin Williams, Process Manager.
- Startup Canada Innovation Award went to ProcedureFlow, Daniella Degrace, CEO.
- Startup Canada Social Enterprise Award went to PLATO Testing, Keith McIntosh, CEO.
- Startup Canada High Growth Award went to TruLeaf, Gregg Curwin, CEO & Founder.
- Startup Canada Woman Entrepreneur Award went to Dawn Jutla, CEO & President, Peer Ledger Inc.
- Startup Canada Young Entrepreneur Award went to Cameron Ritchie, Founder & CEO, HomeWurk Odd Jobs and Services Inc.
- Startup Canada Entrepreneur of the Year Award went to Lisa Williams, CEO, Unicare Home Health Care Inc.
A happy family:
Startup Greater Moncton congratulates all the award winners with their achievements. A job well done!
And to all entrepreneurs out there, we would like to echo Lisa Williams’ words, who during the event said: “Entrepreneurship to me, means dream big, start small, but just start!”.
So, if you haven’t started yet, just start; no matter how small. A lot of small steps still make a big step forward. And if you have already started, keep going!
We hope to see you at our next networking event on July 26 to talk about your journeys and steps. Stay tuned for more information!
Thank You to Startup Canada Awards Sponsors
In Miramichi on June 7, we’re celebrating the achievements of Canada’s entrepreneurship community! From the high-growth award to the innovation award, there’s something for everyone – Get your #StartupCanAwards tickets now at www.startupaward.ca/events/
Past Startup Canada Awards Winners
Past #StartupCanAwards winners include The Hon. Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development, Nicole Verkindt, Founder of the OMX, Peter Simons, CEO of Simons and many more outstanding achievers. Be amongst this year’s winners in Miramichi – Get your tickets today at www.startupaward.ca/events/ @StartupCanada
Shout Out to Startup Canada Award Winners
Shout out to @StartupCanada’s #StartupCanAwards winners from 2017! Watch the recap video to see what’s in store for this year’s awards in