Last Thursday (June 7), the Atlantic Region Startup Canada Awards were held in Miramichi. Over 200 entrepreneurs, innovators, community builders, and family members gathered in Miramichi to celebrate the deserving Canadian entrepreneurs. As usual with these events, it was a full house with lots of energy, great people, and very good startup initiatives.
A total of ten awards were awarded:
- Startup Canada Entrepreneur’s Choice Award went to Hannah Bell, MLA, Charlottetown/Parkdale.
- Startup Canada Entrepreneur Promotion Award went to Cynthia Dorrington, Owner, Vale & Associates.
- Startup Canada Entrepreneur Support Award went to The Ville Cooperative,Jeff MacFarlane, Executive Director.
- Startup Canada Global Entrepreneurship Award went to Boss Gibson Oyster Company, Kevin Williams, Process Manager.
- Startup Canada Innovation Award went to ProcedureFlow, Daniella Degrace, CEO.
- Startup Canada Social Enterprise Award went to PLATO Testing, Keith McIntosh, CEO.
- Startup Canada High Growth Award went to TruLeaf, Gregg Curwin, CEO & Founder.
- Startup Canada Woman Entrepreneur Award went to Dawn Jutla, CEO & President, Peer Ledger Inc.
- Startup Canada Young Entrepreneur Award went to Cameron Ritchie, Founder & CEO, HomeWurk Odd Jobs and Services Inc.
- Startup Canada Entrepreneur of the Year Award went to Lisa Williams, CEO, Unicare Home Health Care Inc.
A happy family:
Startup Greater Moncton congratulates all the award winners with their achievements. A job well done!
And to all entrepreneurs out there, we would like to echo Lisa Williams’ words, who during the event said: “Entrepreneurship to me, means dream big, start small, but just start!”.
So, if you haven’t started yet, just start; no matter how small. A lot of small steps still make a big step forward. And if you have already started, keep going!
We hope to see you at our next networking event on July 26 to talk about your journeys and steps. Stay tuned for more information!