Entrepreneurship Empowers Everyone
To create new customer and partner opportunities for local entrepreneurs, by giving them a voice and connecting them through inspiration and support by means of mentors and resources.
- Provide value to the community to grow startups and small businesses.
- Take a leadership role in the local entrepreneurship activities by promoting itself through local mainstream media and social media.
- Create partnerships and sustainability by being active in the community.
- Build out the leadership team, increase awareness, and gain community support.
- Leverage the national Startup Canada network.
At their core, Startup Canada Communities:
- Provide entrepreneurs with opportunities to connect with inspiration, support, mentors, financing, resources, customers, and partners.
- Bring together local entrepreneurship organizations to foster collaboration, information sharing, resource optimization, and ignite new opportunities.
- Connect to the national network to open new partnerships, opportunities, and initiatives; and grow exposure across Canada and globally; and, have a voice in Ottawa.
We are entrepreneurs on a mission to build an environment for entrepreneurial momentum and success in Canada.
Startup Canada is a grassroots network of entrepreneurs working together to build an environment for entrepreneurship in Canada. Through online platforms, grassroots Startup Communities and cross-sector initiatives, Startup Canada is advancing entrepreneurial momentum and a culture of entrepreneurship, as the voice of Canadian entrepreneurs.
Founded in May 2012, Startup Canada has quickly become the most recognized, energized and active entrepreneurship organization in Canada. Startup Canada has mentored more than 20,000 Canadians and has grown to represent more than 80,000 entrepreneurs, 400 enterprise support partners, 300 volunteers and 50 Startup Communities from coast to coast.
Globally, Startup Canada is recognized as the best practice in fuelling grassroots entrepreneurship and has educated leaders in the United Kingdom, Malaysia, South Korea, South America and the United States. Startup Canada officially kicked-off in May 2012 with a nation-wide tour to crowd-source its mission and mandate and to activate entrepreneurship from coast to coast.